Thursday, July 05, 2012

Both dogs. Superstars.

Training was awesome tonight.

I went out with Beau first this evening. We worked on box work, weaves, contacts, with a tunnel in the mix too c:
He rocked it.
He is really starting to understand his line, which is helping with with lots. Back side of jumps are coming along very nicely. Weaves as well, and a little more speed on dw :) I had the jumps at 16" for a bit at the start, and man or man, fast boy he can be! Haha, especially at the start when he has tons of energy! Bars at 22" for the rest of the session, and I have to say he is doing great with it. So glad I'll be specialing him from 26", he seems to have more fun and less stressed :) so yayaa for that!
His focus was good, but not as good as it could have been. Don't get me wrong, he didnt run off or sniff or anything like that which is still a GREAT step forward :) He was just making some silly mistakes that he knows better not to make (;
Hence I was out with just a tug, which is still major improvement. For him, compared to how he used to be, staying with me with JUST A TUG, is amazing! Soooo uber proud of this guy! <333

Now, for superjazz! (:
Holy cow, I love this dog.
He keeps surprising and impressing me every single day!
We worked box work, contacts, decels, directionals, weaves, with a tunnel in the mix as well :)
Backsides, threadles, serps were flawless. I am so happy with how he is improving in these areas with tighter turns and waaaay more better understanding of the cues! :)
Weaves were great with a couple different entries and a rear here and there. I'm thinking of uping the ante and proofing the weaves with both dogs sometime this week. Just a full session of mostly weaves, yay!(I'll try to video it:))
Dogwalk was superb as well. Glad to see how it is coming along with running all the way down the plank and not doing that jumpy thing at the end which he sometimes does ;P Decels at the end were nice also :)
Directionals were great! And they weren't just off a contact into a tunnel! Glad to see he can apply his knowledge :) I hope to work and use them more, they are so useful!

Whoa, long post, haha I tend to get carried away with these superstars! <3
Here's a cute pic of Jazzer to make it better (;


:)




No comments:

Post a Comment