Tuesday, August 02, 2011

2011 Nationals Trip: Days 1-3 :)

So, we've began our trip to Nationals.. and it's been amazing so far!!

We drove all the first day.. but, hey, I almost finished my book :)


Second day, we went to a blue jays baseball game! It also happened to be the day the blue jays retired Roberto Alomar's jersey... pretty cool to be there. It was such a nice atmosphere to be in! So much energy! 45, 269 people there, if I remember correctly :)



best second baseman.. ever.
 After the game, we went to the CN Tower.. Wow, what an experience! All the way to the top in 58 seconds! 22 km/h, in that elevator! After going thru security, the nicest security guard let us go thru the "express" since he noticed my brother (he has a disability). It was so nice to see the smile on my brother's face since "we got to go on first, since it's my birthday" he would say :') His birthday is on Wednesday and he's so happy we get to go on a trip for his birthday :)

Once we got to the top, it was amazing! You could see all of Toronto, if not, almost all of it! Then we went up a couple stairs to go to the glass floor part.. that's a completely different point of view! There were some kids jumping on it.. that was scary.... and I didn't even know the kids.
After we got back down, again in 58 seconds.. we got some freshly squeezed lemonade.. so yummy!


CN Tower.. absolutely amazing.
 Yesterday was day 3 of our trip, and we went to the "one and only"...
Canada's Wonderland!

Canada's Wonderland is quite amazing! It's so nice to see them honoring all of the flags of Canada in the entrance. After watching the diver show; of a 20m drop (scary!), we went to Snoopy's part of the park, and watched a Charlie Brown show.
Then, we did the best part (well, my favorite part ;)) "The White Water Rapids" ride. We were sitting in a tube thing with six seats.. (with seat belts, of course ;)) going thru well, white water rapids ;) It was so much fun! There was lots of waves and drops in the course, and we got splashed. :) In the end, I got soaked.. there was one part where we went under this mini, mini, mini waterfall...some falling water on the people going on the ride... and I was the one who got soaked in our tube :) I was so happy, it was like 35 degrees! I was cool for the rest of the day :) After that, we looked at a lot of the other rides. (mostly roller coasters, a lot of them where CrAzY!) Then, we went to see the "Snoopy Rocks! Ice Show". That was also spectacular! Some of the jumps the skaters were making were just, wow! Snoopy, Charlie Brown, Sally and Linus were doing pretty good too ;)

that's exactly the falling water, that got all over me :)

Of course, I've taken pictures of almost every step of the way :) Unfortunately, I forgot the cord for the camera to computer.. I'll just have to post the pictures once we get home. All pictures here are off of the Internet, and they belong  to their respectful owners.

The trip has been amazing so far!!
I can't wait to see what happens today! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment