Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sunday's National Events!!


Such. An. Amazing. Experience.
I repeat, Such an Amazing Experience!!


Nationals was so so so much fun!!
Absolutely Awesome!


On Sunday we ran Standard first. This was a nice course. At the end of the run we had 15 faults. Two bars and a refusal. I think the first bar could have been since my FC ended up being a little late. The refusal was since I did not support enough coming out of the tunnel (a little layering) then he knocked the bar on that jump since when I brought him back around, I did not give him enough space ahead of the jump :\ But, the rest of the run went really well. Beautiful contacts. He also did splendid with 3 FCs over the course, as usual ;) Even though we had 15 faults it was such a fun course to run!


Jumpers was next. Definetely one of our best Jumpers! With a time of 35.70 seconds; 9.30 seconds under time! Super good time for us! I even got a FC in where I thought I was going to have to rear. And, I thought I was going to have to hold my front longer so that I would not push him to the wrong side of the jump, but I got ahead of him, and got in the right spot! The front was right on time :) So many brilliant moments in this run.. I could go on and on! And, guess what.. we got a 5th place in this run too! Super proud moment!!! Jumpers has never been our best placing run at our local trials, because of time. So, I'm sure you could just imagine how happy I was! :) To get a 5th place in Jumpers at the National level.. I was speechless!


Gamblers was also a splendid run! 47 points in the opening with two dogwalks, a mini twice, and some other stuff in between :) We did not get the gamble, but still a great run! Such a great run to end the weekend :)


Our last run was the Steeplechase Finals. To be honest, I was nervous. And, I never get nervous before any runs, not even at Regionals or Nationals. But, there was a huge amount of people watching, it was being televised, a man was anouncing stuff and the music was blarring. It was a good experience, though! Jazz ran super, as usual :) I think the music bothered him a bit at the beginning, but a great run. Not our fastest, but still a great run. We got 2nd out of the juniors, and $15 :) Again, super proud of him!!


Jazz and I with all our ribbons from the weekend! :)

Such an amazing weekend, and I am so blessed  to have been able to have this wonderful experience. We had so many brilliant moments over the weekend, and I can't wait for our next Nationals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment